[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Michael Joyner ᏩᏯ mjoyner at vbservices.net
Sun Nov 29 15:22:28 CET 2009

zeljko wrote:
> On Sunday 29 November 2009 15:13, Michael Fuchs wrote:
>
>> Vincent Snijders schrieb:
>>
>>> As Florian noted, Lazarus needs developers more than users. There are
>>> more gtk2 issues than win32 issues, so we need to focus our martekting
>>> (if any) more to the potential gtk2 developers (on linux) than on the
>>> potential win32 developers.
>>>
>> More users will also attract more developers.
>>

> Sure, but more users in last few months didn't attract single developer to sit
> with gtk2 and fix issues :), so how many new users we need to attract 1
> developer to maintain gtk2 ? :)

What do you think the ratio is now? 100:1 1000:1 ?

Also, stock Ubuntu is Gnome/GTK2, so, how would you raise awareness of
Lazarus Development Environment to said target audience as an example?

--
LyX: http://www.lyx.org/ OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/
Inkscape: http://www.inkscape.org/ Scribus: http://www.scribus.net/