[Lazarus] Release 1.0, part 2

Michael Joyner ᏩᏯ mjoyner at vbservices.net
Sun Nov 29 15:28:40 CET 2009

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 01:38:06PM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>
>> 2009/11/29 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>:
>>
>>> The serious users will consider the current restrained version policy as
>>>

> Personally, if we are going to approach this marketing driven, I'm more in
> favour of the slackware approach (as they did when they jumped from 3.6 to
> 7).
>
> its a clear policy (a new release always has the major release number of the
> competition +1), and a suffix in case there is no new competitor release.

Heck, why not just January release, version 'Year', followed by a July
release, version 'Year.5' ?

Year.5 being bug fixes for Year, and each new next Year being trunk?

Wash, rinse, repeat for each year of existence?

LyX: http://www.lyx.org/ OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/
Inkscape: http://www.inkscape.org/ Scribus: http://www.scribus.net/
GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/ PDF: http://www.pdfforge.org/