[Lazarus] 2 questions about Component properties

wile64 wile64 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:33:34 CET 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 09:33, Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> So this proves the point that a version number 1.0 wouldn't change
> anything :) It was FPC which broke things apparently being at version
> 2.2.x.

You're right, but you can say fpc-1.0 is there, we cannot say lazarus-1.0 is
there, that's a *big* diff (in the heads of many users - especially for users
which comes from windows).
Personally, I don't care if lazarus is v0.002 currently because it suits my
needs (I'm unix/linux user for all my life - so perfectly understand what
version number means), but for many users "0.9.28.XX beta" doesn't look nice.
I think that Paul's proposal for 1.0rc instead of 0.9.30 is a good idea.
Even fpc (2.2.X, 2.4.X, 2.5X) have "children's pain" like
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=13722 etc...

zeljko