[Lazarus] debugger feature request created

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Oct 1 00:51:19 CEST 2009

I still thin you exaggerate "Debugging from inside the IDE is near
impossible".  => it is not very comfortable though.

Some of the problems are not gdb specific, some a solved.

* CPU window => available in 0928

* Record.field => Not (always) a gdb problem. Never mind which debugger
you use, no debugger can guess what the context of your mouse pointer is.
If the IDE only passes the word-under-caret for the hint evaluation,
then no debugger will know what "field" means.
If the watches window can show "record.field" then gdb can do it, but
the IDE must be fixed.

* properties => discussed a thousand times.
With FPC trunc and dwarf debug info, some properties actually do return
a result in GDB
Properties that read from a function, are the same as a function. For
those who really want to run the function, it comes down to function
calling from gdb, rather than being property specific

Martin