[Lazarus] TPageControl.OnChange not working in Windows

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Mon Oct 5 07:44:05 CEST 2009

JoshyFun wrote:
> Hello Lazarus-List,
>
> Saturday, October 3, 2009, 5:47:53 PM, you wrote:
>
> MG> Thanks for testing. Fixed.
>
> Can anybody apply this patch locally and tell me if this kind of debug
> changes are of interest ?
>
> Main changes:
>
> 1) Once stop on exception the assembler window will only appear if no
> backtrace information is available. It will show the clser offended
> line with debug information.

I thought it was already the case :)

> 2) Clases on hint, evaluate or watch are multiline displayed with
> indentation. In watches this will be a small problem, but most
> important information is kept in the very first line. Clases are
> evaluated 2 times, one as the class and one as the derefenced to get
> the class variables/status information.
>
> 3) Records are now displayed in multiline also and the record type
> name is displayed in the first line.

Formatting of output shouldn't be done in the debugger classes. The idea
is/was always to be able to hook in different debuggers. So a class
should be reported in some kind of class like TGDBType (but then
generalized as TDBGType), where the IDE can format the output as it
wants depending on the location something is shown.
In a hint you want lines, in a watches view you may want some
collapsable tree.

> No interface with debugger has been changed, only the way the default
> value is returned. Partial code adapted from Benito van der Zander in

Marc