[Lazarus] Lazarus was installed - So what?

CubicDesign cubicdesign at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:10:11 CEST 2009

I just clicked a TXT file and somerthing really really strange happen:
Lazarus (the new version) started. The executable is
"/usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.28/lazarus".
However, it complains that an older version of FreePascal was found. As
I said, looks like the uninstaller was unable to properly remove
previous version of Lazarus.
I am downloading the new version right now.

Hope it will work. I was struggling with this for hours. It will be nice
to have a true installer - you know, true GUI style: push a single
button and relax while everything is put in place.
Thanks a lot for help.
:)

-------

PS: why is Lazarus associated with TXT files? Is is possible to put
pascal code in TXT files and compile them?