[Lazarus] Instant Objects for lazarus

Osvaldo Filho arquivostcf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:46:11 CEST 2009

2009/10/9 Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com>:
> 2) I tried to use makeskel utility, and it indeed created a skeleton
> file for me,
>  but I did not find this file is useful. FPDoc editor is quite
> capable to create xml tags as needed,
>  and I think a huge array of empty tags is just a waste of code.

Yeah, makeskel is only useful if you use the external 'lazde' or
'fpde' tools. The internal FPDoc Editor doesn't need skeleton xml
files any more.

> 3) "View/FPDoc editor" menu item was quite clear to me, but a novice
> user may not
>  instantly understand what it does. I suggest to replace menu item
> caption (and window caption)  with "Documentation editor"

+1

> 4) Help files generated by FPDoc utility miss description of
> enumeration constants.

I believe method parameters are also an issue.

> 10) Link target list lacks scrollbar(s).

I also battled with the "insert link" feature. That's where the
external 'lazde' is still much better. In the end I typed the links
manually, only because I knew the syntax. But this is an issue.

> 12) There seems to be no way to create lists in documention.

Again, something that 'lazde' is better at.

Overall, I think the whole idea of having to enter raw syntax should
be removed. What we need is a WYSIWYG editor, so it can hide the
complexities of the fpdoc syntax. That would mean any help author can
add documentation and not have no worry about learning fpdoc syntax
first, or manually edit xml files for certain features. Yes I know
this will be great, but time consuming to implement.

  - Graeme -