[Lazarus] [fpc-devel] New CHM documentation snapshot

Andrew Haines AndrewD207 at aol.com
Sun Oct 11 18:52:07 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I saw,thanks.  Now how do you enable CHM help in the Lazarus IDE? I
> want to use the RTL, FCL, LCL and Lang Ref CHM help so that when I
> press F1 over a method, or language keyword, my preferred CHM help
> viewer is loaded with the correct help displayed.

So far only the lcl rtl and fcl chms are supported. To enable chm
support all you have to do is install

components/chm/packages/idehelp/chmhelppkg.lpk

In recent versions of lazarus this is all that's needed. In older
versions there is a README.txt in components/chm/ that explains it.

I highly recommend the latest version of lazarus to get the most stable
chm help.

There are some instructions here as well
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Development#Builtin_CHM_help

Regards,

Andrew