[Lazarus] 'no resources' on new project

Stijn Sanders SandersS at spector.be
Fri Oct 16 14:06:25 CEST 2009

2009/10/15 Luca Olivetti <luca at wetron.es>:

> Data aware components need an open connection to show data.

And why moving away from data aware components is a good idea. We have
done it three years ago. I then implemented a framework
(model-gui-mediator ) of basic design patterns like Mediator and
Observer to make standard non-db components "object aware".

No descendant or custom components required, no duplication of new
features in db and non db component, etc...

Michael van Canneyt has taken my idea even further by showing a
prototype implementation where completely replacing data-aware
components is possible with a easy transition. Something I still think
needs to be looked and considered further. Just thought I would
mention it.

> Incidentally, I had problems regarding transactions trying to use sqldb with
> sqlite (a similar problem than the one Alexsander reported, i.e. it

I use sqldb with Firebird and have no issues with blocking
transactions etc.. So if there is a problem, it's limited to the
abstraction of a few backend databases like sqlite etc, but definitely
not all backends supported by sqldb.

  - Graeme -