[Lazarus] Has somebody tried using some GExperts with Lazarus?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Oct 17 10:47:00 CEST 2009

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009, Thierry Coq wrote:

> Dear all,
> through the OpenTools API, Delphi is enhanced a lot, and all is customizable
> by the developer.
>
> I remember using it to have multi-line component tabs. It was interesting
> when one has many components available.
>
> GExperts: http://www.gexperts.org

A straight port will be hard, since the OpenTools API is very different from
the lazarus designer API. You would end up re-implementing everything.

But some of the individual wizards have been re-implemented, some are supported
out-of-the-box.

If there are any particular ones you would like to see supported in Lazarus,
just ask, maybe they have been ported in one way or another.

Michael.