[Lazarus] [BIDI] Patch Fix TLabel, TStaticText Alignment

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 14:55:01 CEST 2009

waldo kitty wrote:
> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce the 0.9.28 release. This release
>> is based on fpc 2.2.4.
>
> excellent!
>
> what is the best way to "upgrade" from the last public release to this
> one? no external or custom libraries or code in use...

i wanted to follow up on this...

i decided that the best way was for me to completely uninstall the last public
release i had on my machine and then install this new release clean... since i
keep my projects in a dedicated directory tree, they were not effected by this...

well, yes and no... i didn't loose anything but now, the first time i open a
project created or maintained by the previous version, there's a popup about one
or two items... i don't remember them specifically but one popup was that the
fpc 2.2.2 source didn't exist... obviously something is missing being converted
from the older fpc 2.2.2 stuff to the new fpc 2.2.4 stuff... i easily edit the
path to point to 2.2.4 and things appear to work as normal...

i cannot remember at all what the other popup was but it was something similar
where the directory that used to point to fpc 2.2.2 needed to be changed to
point to 2.2.4...

> congrats for the fine work and this release!

i went back and messed with one of the delphi projects i have been playing with
trying to convert to laz and was quite surprised when the form actually appeared
with its components and the app actually ran when i did a F9 Run on it... sadly,
though, another one from the same overall codebase in the same directory gives
me an empty form when it is run even though the form editor does show a valid
form with items in it...