[Lazarus] DocView and FPC help available for testing

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:12:48 CET 2009

On 29/10/2009, Andrew Haines <AndrewD207 at aol.com> wrote:

>  maybe it's because I am on 64bit linux.

I actually solved to major problems with the 64bit DocView this
afternoon.  So now it can actually load a INF file. :-)  I did find a
rather large bug relating to font usage, which I'll try and fix
tonight. This affects both 32bit and 64bit DocView. This is probably
the bug that blocked you. See below.

Do you have the Arial font available on your system? I found a rather
bad piece of code that looked for Arial font as a fallback font and if
Arial wasn't found, no other fallback font gets used. Big Oops! This
one throws lovely AV's at the user.

I found the Ubuntu Desktop CD's quite handy for testing. They boot a
totally clean and default system. Nice for testing software on.

  - Graeme -