[Lazarus] Form to front

SteveG steveg at nevets.com.au
Thu Oct 29 18:30:48 CET 2009

On Friday 30 October 2009 03:20:37 Henry Vermaak wrote:
> 2009/10/29 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> > On 29/10/2009, SteveG <steveg at nevets.com.au> wrote:
> >>  eg - an alert msg/form to be forced to top/front every x seconds until
> >>  acknowledged. Needs to be brought to top/front again even if user
> >> clicks on
> >
> > On a side note:
> >  Be warned, users HATE that!  It would drive me nuts as well.
>
> Definitely.  It's considered a Very Bad Thing and you'd probably also
> find that sane window managers prevent other applications from
> stealing the focus.  Rather use the notification area for this (I
> think there's a standard interface for it).

Have to agree with both here :)
but in this case I have to override as its a dedicated touchscreen app, and
anything I have to say is important :)

Problems occur with touchscreens (especially when mobile) of multiple taps
hiding things you dont even know happened.

Being an embedded app system, the taskbar/notification area's are fully hidden
- no fiddling fingers allowed.

The apps I am 'overriding' are also under my control, but are having issues
deciding whos boss when I need an alert message shown from a non-focused
'watchdog' app