[Lazarus] Upcoming Lazarus book

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Sep 7 09:27:13 CEST 2009

Hi Dimitry,
  What is the difference between AEInstallEventHandler and your
InstallXXXEventHandler functions?
I noticed that in carbonobject.inc in RegisterEvents it calls both, but I
don't understand why each is required.

I was also hoping that my application would respond to the kAEOpenDocument
event, and looked in the Lazarus code base to see how it handles opening
.pas files from the Finder, but couldn't work that out either. I have the
application association working with the doc/file am interested in, but
can't work out how my app passes that filename to my app to I can actually
open it.

Dominique.

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:47:18 +0000, dmitry boyarintsev
<skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Thanks for the link, most useful read. Now, are there any simple
>> Lazarus
>> examples that show how to consume Carbon events?
>> I think from that I can work out how to go about hooking into the
Service