[Lazarus] LibC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Sep 7 16:19:54 CEST 2009

matt shaffer het geskryf:
> BAH! I completely forgot in the last email (due to my large rant), but
> if you couldn't tell I did find and install unit libc happily.

I know nothing about 3D stuff so can't comment on any of those. As for
dependencies. Linux ships software packages in sets of 3.
  - runtime package      (xxx)
  - source code package  (xxx-src)
  - development package  (xxx-dev)

By default you normally have the runtime packages installed. If you do
any software development on a Linux system, you need to install the
development packages so you can link to them at compile time. If you do
C/C++ programming or want to modify application available in Linux, then
you might need to install the source code packages (most software under
Linux is written in C/C++).

So once you understand how Linux is different to say Windows, it's not
really that hard. But you have to remember that Linux is NOT Windows, so
it is allowed to be different.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/