[Lazarus] LibC

matt shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 22:21:35 CEST 2009

Well I'm basically looking for a 3D library that has

Model loading (Blender does a good job of exporting almost anything, so long
as the library does not have its own format I should be good)
Texturing (Cannot get this to work with GLScene)
Real time model transforming (For simple animated waves + models)
Lighting effects (Shadows, colored lights)
Particles
OpenGL for hardware acceleration
Demo programs, because I cannot learn anything without exploring first.

I just cannot find many resources regarding cross platform 3D graphics with
FPC; Only thing I found was GLScene and it was a big let down.. The cast II
engine looked good but it does not yet support openGL so no cross platform
compatibility is really there yet.

Also I'm unsure of whether or not dropping an openGL component on the form
would have solved my problems (I imagine it might have, but I forgot Lazarus
had one), but the wiki article I read on ld -l seemed to imply that
installing various (development) libraries was necessary, and after poking
around the internet to find out which libraries I should install I got the
error messages to go away.

I'm not one of those people who needs a visible component, so long as the
library contains demo apps & compiles easily and happily I should be good.