[Lazarus] Support for dynamic libararies/package ; Is this like bpl?

Osvaldo Filho arquivostcf at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:17:26 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> Thanks for the info...
>
> Mattias Gärtner het geskryf:
>> But at the moment my todo list is quite long.
>
> Same here. I'll simply add it as a feature request - not to be forgotten.

I am not sure that the bug tracker is the most suitable place for such a thing. Most
of the time such feature request end up buried in the "let's look at those issues
when we have time" stack. It will probably even be forgotten when somebody actually
finds time and implements it. And then it is still in the bug tracker as unresolved
issue, while in fact it has been implemented already.

It does work correctly for SynEdit for example: we are lucky to have a maintainer
who has time to add new features regularly. So feature requests for SynEdit can be
assigned to him.

IMHO a better place for such feature requests without a clear owner (with a limited
todo list) is: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Feature_Ideas

Somebody who wants to contribute to Lazarus and doesn't know what to do, can find a
feature more easily in the wiki than hidden between hundreds (almost 1000) other
issues in the bug tracker.

Vincent