[Lazarus] MaskEdit question

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 10:52:03 CEST 2009

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for testing.

> If I set EditMask to 'ccc_ccc;1;+' , with D7 and D2010:
>
> MaskEdit.Text '   _   ' (3 spaces, '_', 3 spaces)
> MaskEdit.EditText '+++_+++'

So the '_' is treated as a lireal '_', not as a literal space.

The Delphi (3) help states:
The _ character automatically inserts spaces into the text. When the
user enters characters in the field, the cursor skips the _ character.

Note that this text is rather ambivalent. It saya it inserts a space,
but then says it skips the '_' ?

Does the D7 / D2010 help say anything about using '_' in a mask?

If the help text is still the same, I think we shouls implement it as
the help text says it should work (treat '_' as '\ '), and consider
the current Delphi behaviour as a bug.

Bart