[Lazarus] Using parameters with sqldb

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:49:31 CEST 2009

Hello Joost,

>> It is usable, but as it involves variants some conversions could
>> happend in an unexpected way. In fact .value is the only way I know to
>> set the a field to NULL (variant value).
JvdS> .Clear will also do that

Nice to know it.

>> If filtro was a INTEGER field this code:
>>
>> .ParamByname('filtro').Value:='1234';
>>
>> what should it do ? Raise an error or convert the '1234' to 1234 ?
JvdS> If you really want to use .value, you have to set the right paramkind,
JvdS> so that it knows what type of value it is. (integer, string, bcd etc.)

I do not like to use .Value unless it is necessary.

OT: How is the fix process of this issue
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14331 ?

I think it is a major problem and seems that fix is quite "easy".

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun