[Lazarus] Adding a Form to the (Lazarus) IDE

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:28:54 CEST 2010

>> what's the recommended steps while adding a new form to Lazarus? I
>> couldn't find anything related on the wiki.
>
> It depends on what form where.
> For the IDE you can use the ide/lazarus.lpi and create a new unit/form.

Ok, thanks, I was thinking of some "allunits" unit to help 'make'.
Indeed I hadn't find any such thing for 'debugoutputform.pp', so this
is a relief ;-)
The form is a debugger helper form, in 'debugger' folder.
It was initially added to the lazarus.lpi since I used the New Unit
command. But I thinking again removing it from the the .lpi and
lazarus.pp was one thing that I did when 'make' (and 'Build Lazarus')
started to give errors, and maybe it helped?

>> Also, I was trying to add a form to Lazarus and I was getting the
>> following error:
>>
>> Compiling lazarus.pp
>> Compiling /home/etrusco/Projects/lazarus/debugger/debugger.pp
>> debugger.pp(32,6) Error: Illegal unit name: Debugger
>
> It can mean you renamed a unit, but forget to clean up the old ppus.

No renamed units. The only minimally suspect thing I did was to copy
the license header from debugoutputform.pp.

> The compiler does not delete old ppu files, if the source vanished.
> Combined with a special rename this can lead to the above error.
> That's why the IDE auto deletes ppu files when renaming. But since the
> references in the other ppu files are still there, it would be better if
> the IDE deletes all related ppu files.

Thanks for the tips, but I searched and deleted the files - and
confirmed - with 'rm $(find)'...

Best regards,
Flávio