[Lazarus] [BIDI] TGrid and many bugs if i add Right To Left

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 22:10:09 CEST 2010

2010/4/11 ik <idokan at gmail.com>

> 2010/4/11 Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com>
>
>> 2010/4/11 ik
>>
>>> addressed differently
>>

>> I am not understand the meaning of "addressed" or "addressed by the
>> project"? (It is my English :) )
>>

> At the moment beside Windows, Lazarus does not support BiDi.

That mean need to more work from us (me and you and there is others in the
forum).

> The core team does not look at BiDi support as an important as for example
> making the API of LCL the same as the VCL (and only include additional
> settings/features).

No, I am not agree, the core team applying patches that send to bug tracker
same as any feature, but it slow because Lazarus is free open source project
as like any free open source, we must be patient.

> That mean (and it already happened once that I know of), that the BiDi
> support can be broken on every update of Lazarus,

I will keep my eyes on it, while i am still alive :)

> The BiDi support must be looked at the same way was the LCL = VCL API, and
> it does not at the moment.

Most of API i need support RightToLeft in Win32 for example
Canvas.TextRect() use TTextStyle, TTextStyle have RightToLeft, I use Delphi
and Bidi controls from Delphi 1, i added right to left by my self, and build
my own grid, When Delphi 4 have BidiMode, i remove my own Bidi functions and
use the VCL one.
In fact in Delphi there is some BIDI bugs not founded in Lazarus.

> beside the two of us (that I know of), it is not interested anyone on
> Lazarus at all, and that's why what I wrote above can happen.

Some time i feel the same, but all open source project have the same problem
for add official Right To Left, and many of them refuse to add the BIDI to
it, i have old experience with some PHP forum, the core team of Lazaurs make
it offical bidi and always accept my patches and that enough to, may be take
a long time, but all features need the same time.

Sorry for my poor English, i am writing in English as like writing
programming code :)

Thanks

--
Zaher Dirkey