[Lazarus] mem leak with easy dock manager

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Apr 14 01:45:48 CEST 2010

On 13/04/2010 22:28, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

>>> I removed the image destruction a while ago, to prevent other errors.
>>
>> And that means?
>
> I could not make it work better - see the related comments in
> EasyDockSite.DestroyDockHeaderImages.
>
> There exist more docking-related bugs in the LCL and widgetsets, see
> the LCL TODO list at the begin of EasyDockSite. Since a few weeks
> another bug should be added to this list, since the Win32 widgetset
> does no more properly return the BoundsRect of an undocked form.

Ok, I see,
I don't know LCL good enough.

but 2 ideas that may or may not help.

If you know the unit in which the handles (the missing of which causes
the crash) are destroyed, then add it to the uses (interface section)
clause.
My understanding is that a unit's intialization,  should be called after
the initalization of all used units.
For finalization, imho it should be the other way round; your unit
should come first.

If not, or maybe easier, can those images not be destroyed by a
component which is owned by application (and therefore gets freed at
that time)?

Martin