[Lazarus] OOP basics

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:14:58 CEST 2010

On 15 April 2010 09:25,  <stoppok at muenster.de> wrote:

> Is this global var really neccessary? Normally I delete all those
> variables in my Delphi projects and create my forms on the fly and
> everything works fine.
>
> Is this really a requirement for the lazarus form designer?

The global variable is not a requirement and can be disabled by
removing the "Auto create forms" in the Project Options dialog.

Published components and event handlers however are a "lazarus/delphi
forms designer" requirement - which means everything you drop on a
form is globally visible. I hate that design.

fpGUI's Form Designer on the other hand does not force such a design.
By default all my components and event handlers for a form are
private. If I want to make some element of the data stored in a
component visible, I create a public property declaration for the
specific data - never the whole component.

  - Graeme -