[Lazarus] Bidi TextOut in GTK2

ik idokan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 11:46:39 CEST 2010

http://ik.homelinux.org/

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:41, Zaher Dirkey <parmaja at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/4/14 ik <idokan at gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm working on adding BiDi support for TextOut in GTK2, and you can see
> the
> > result.
> > The text align itself according to the strong letters rather then the
> effect
> > of bdRightToLeft and bdLeftToRight when Pango is in use.
> >
> > I still have few tests to make, and then I'll send a patch to mantis on
> this
> > subject.
> > I also added to FPC's mantis (and not only to the extra file of gtk) the
> > missing functions for supporting what I've made, so I hope it will be
> > included as well in FPC.
> >
> > Any comments so far on what was made here ?
> >

> Thank you Ido, for me it is step to jump to Linux system, GTK it is
> very strange for me.

No Problem, it strange for everyone (programming it) not only for you :P
There are a lot more work to be done in order to make it full BiDi support
(including the visible components). Some of the work I made are not working
well and require changes. I'll find some time next month (I hope) to work on
it.
But I do not want to fall again over the dependencies hell, like this patch
have, or my older work for BiDi suffered.

I also added in 2008 support for BiDi detection in the TApplication side
(like with Delphi), but there is a lot of work there as well (for all
widgets -> I do not know regarding winapi though).

> --
> Zaher Dirkey
>
> --

Ido