[Lazarus] Cross-platform install tool builder?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 13:50:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Anyone knows a cross platform install builder?

I am working on a cross platform installer for our company, and it
generates a single file deployment on all platforms (Linux, FreeBSD &
Windows). It can also have multiple targets inside the same setup. It
supports console and GUI modes inside the same setup. You can also use
the installer in a "unpacked" mode (for use on CD or DVD) where a
single setup file is not required (compared to downloading a setup
from the internet).

It doesn't generate .deb or .rpm files though - it is Linux distro
independent. The target audience for the installer is application
developers that use Free Pascal (object pascal).

The installer is not 100% implemented yet, hence the code is not
publicly available yet. It should be available in a couple of months.

  - Graeme -