[Lazarus] Lazdaemon problem on Ubuntu x64

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 02:46:52 CEST 2010

Hi

> There's already an Frame3D implementation in the bugtracker:

You are right. I also noticed there a comment from Marc Weustink:
---------
@Xpete: wouldn't id be better than to replace the exing TCanvas.Frame3D with
the delphi compatible implementation ? (or as overloaded method)
IMO, it makes no sense, when we're using OO, to add a procedural function with
the object as first parameter. To be compatible with Delphi we can allway add
a function to ExtCtrls like:

procedure Frame3D(ACanvas: TCAnvas; ...);
begin
  ACanvas.Frame3D(...);
end;
----------

I also like the OO version more and don't think it is even necessary to add a
"Frame3D(ACanvas: TCAnvas; ...);" version.
"TCanvas.Frame3D(...)" is better if the parameter signature is otherwise
identical. It would be trivial to replace the Delphi version with it when
converting code.

The patch may have too many things squeezed in.
If TFlatButton was rejected then the other functions were ignored, too.

Would it be possible to get this procedure:
Procedure TCanvas.Frame3D(Var Rect: TRect;
  TopColor: TColor; BottomColor : TColor; FWidth: Integer);

and maybe the others from the patch even if TFlatButton was rejected.

Juha