[Lazarus] Getting keyboard input

Dave Coventry dgcoventry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:20:54 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Bernd Kreuss <prof7bit at googlemail.com>wrote:

> But this has now left a question mark in my head: is it not possible to
> distribute units without source code without completely breaking the
> autocomplete (on any identifier) in the whole unit that uses this closed
> source unit?

Last time i checked you needed the sources, Lazarus expects to have the
sources not just the compiled units.
Distributing compiled units would also be a problem because the units are
processor dependent while the sources might be compiled for multiple
platforms and CPUs.
If i remember correctly the Delphi developers also have a plan to make the
compiled units independent of the processor but i'm not sure how soon this
would happen for FreePascal. Because FPC and Lazarus are OpenSource projects
it is probably reasonable to require the sources for every package or
component.

Razvan