[Lazarus] ExecuteProcess and URL

Luis R. Hilario B. luisdigital at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 16:34:08 CEST 2010

Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> Am 10.08.2010 18:21, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
>> Does anybody have any current figures as to the relative popularity of
>> Lazarus on different CPUs and OSes?
>
> Checking the sf download figures might give a rough estimation. Maybe
> someone can get snapshot downloads because those aren't tainted because
> those aren't in the official linux distros.

Thanks Florian, I started to think along those lines after I posted. Is
that info only available to an admin or should I be able to find it
myself (I've had no success so far)?

Assuming that a significant number of Lazarus users do or did use
Delphi, the interesting statistic is whether more are developing for the
Mac (OS X) or for x64 (Windows/Linux) since that might give some
indication of what priorities Embarcadero should have if they really are
interested in progressing Delphi as a live product.

I don't know how anybody else feels, but I'd have no objection to a
"popularity contest" extension which submitted anonymous platform
details when (e.g.) Lazarus or FPC was first installed or had a version
upgrade. If it could track LCL usage it could possibly answer some
questions like how many people are still using GTK v1.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk