[Lazarus] Lazarus platform "popularity contest"

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 09:20:34 CEST 2010

Ger Remmers wrote:

> To be brutally honest, I don't like any form of "ET, phone home" things in a
> program.

I agree, and I also don't like mandatory registration.

> Why not?
> Because it is nobodies business [how / if / what for] I or anybody else uses
> the compiler. It has been put out there as open source, no strings attached.

Very true, but it /is/ in your interest to make sure that the developers
are aware, in some structured way, what facilities you're using.

If you say what widget set etc. you're using in the ML then it might be
overlooked, there's definitely no easy way to mine info like that. If
you put it on a bug report then it's possible to mine info from people
who've reported problems but not from those who haven't. And so on.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk