[Lazarus] Lazarus platform "popularity contest"

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 11:10:13 CEST 2010

Ger Remmers wrote:

>> As explained, for me there is no need for such a thing, I wouldn't
>> listen to it anyways. The same way as I don't listen to teasers like "if
>> you do this or that, fpc will get really usefull and great or whatever".
>>
> I think this renders this argumentation kind of useless then :)

Depends on whether you're looking at it from the point of view of the
underlying compiler or of the IDE and class library which is built on
top of it. They're related technically, but they're still separate projects.

Besides which, I don't think that anybody's taking a particularly strong
position that it's something worth putting time into. So there's not
much of an argument.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk