[Lazarus] Library for checking running processes and their command lines in Windows

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 17 16:10:08 CEST 2010

Am 16.08.2010 22:04, schrieb Frank Church:

> Does Lazarus have a library or component for listing running processes
> on Windows, with the ability to terminate them?
>
> I am looking for a library which can return the same info as
> tasklist.exe or Sysinternals pslist in text mode format?
>
> The important thing is know the full command line options it was invoked
> with. WMIC.exe doES the trick but it can only be run wih administrator
> rights.
>
> I will settle for an API which will return the command line options
> given the PID.

I don't know of a specific API for this, but you could try the Delphi
code mentioned here:

http://www.delphipraxis.net/764306-post.html#873389

It should work with FPC as the jwa*-units are included with FPC. The
text above - if you can't read German - says that the code doesn't work
for 64-bit processes (when using a 32-bit process, as Delphi is -
currently - 32-bit only) and he wants to check whether there is a 64-bit
equivalent of the PEB. I didn't yet check whether he found a solution.

Regards,
Sven