[Lazarus] Aborting change of focused control

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Thu Aug 19 15:02:34 CEST 2010

  Sorry for this possible off-topic mail. I should ask at Zeos, but
since I do not subscribe to their list I thought to try here.

I need to read and write a blob (record) to a firebird database. I am
using Zeos but no db-aware components. In other words I use only
datasets and queries with SQL.Text and open or ExecSQL. I know that some
people convert the data replacing zeros with some escape sequence. But I
would like to avoid this since most of the time most of the data is zero.

The question how do you read a blob using SQL.Text and Open, and write
using SQL.Text and ExecSQL?

Grateful for any good solution,
Andreas