[Lazarus] Fpvectorial Package.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 15:57:22 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Dave Coventry <dgcoventry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where do I go for information on Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho's
> Fpvectorial package?

All info is here: http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpvectorial

And in the comments about each function in the source code. They form
a documentation for the library, but they aren't merged yet into the
rest of the Free Pascal docs. I don't know if fpdoc supports reading
javadoc-style comments as documentation.

Also, it is probably best to use the latest svn code. Just copy the
source files from svn to your project's folder.

> I'm getting an error when using the example programs.
>
> "ERROR: Clipping nao suportado"

Something unsupported in the PDF reader. I didn't write the PDF
reader. A coleague from my University wrote it, but I don't think he
will maintain it. We tested with PDFs generated from CorelDraw and I
am sure that it doesn't work with PDFs generated from Inkscape via
Cairo. PDF has lot's of features and PDFs from different programs can
look totally different, because they use different features to draw
the same thing. Which application did you use to generate the PDF?

PDF is well documented and is just text, so it is a rather easy format
to parse. It may take time, but it shouldn't be hard to fix the
reader. I can give you our documentation about the creation of the PDF
reader. It is in portuguese, but I guess that you can just use google
translate or something like that to get an english version.

At the moment I am working in a CorelDraw reader and on the SVG writer.

> I'm trying to import a PDF into DXF, specifically the Text,

The current PDF reader doesn't support text. You need to specify in
the PDF export dialog that the text needs to be converted into curves.
We wrote it to generate G code for a milling machine, so obviously we
only wanted the curves, no text =)

> Polylines and circles and arcs.

Those are all variations of the bezier curve.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho