[Lazarus] TSplitter

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 21 16:14:33 CEST 2010

On 21.08.2010 15:52, Richard Saunders wrote:

> that's
> the way it started and always has been and I think its too late to
> change now.

Interestingly the TSplitter actually *has* already the ability to be
used with anchor docking in the way I (and many others) would have
expected it from the beginning on. The only thing that is wrong in my
eyes is the default still being set to the old delphi behavior instead
of using the new (and more consistent and powerful) anchor docking behavior.

I don't see how changing the default for *new* forms would impact the
compatibility for converted *old* delphi forms. These would still use
the alignment property as it was set in the delphi form but when
designing a new form it would be better to uniquely prefer the "visually
positioning and anchoring" paradigm like all the other controls too.

Bernd