[Lazarus] TSplitter

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Aug 21 22:33:46 CEST 2010

  On 21/08/2010 20:40, Bernd Kreuss wrote:
>> Please write up your ideas about intuitive GUI layouts, and compare
>> these to the established layout management procedures, as implemented in
>> e.g. in the Java, gtk2 or other layout managers.
> No need for that. Lazarus implemented them already the way I find them
> much more intuitive than I have ever seen in any of the above mentioned
> frameworks.

you may be interested in:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Autosize_/_Layout#Precedence_rules

but aside from that, and in reply to your statement above. You made some
suggestions during the discussions which may be worthwhile. And the
affect the designer, not the components, so they would not be a problem
for Delphi compatibility.

1) Anchor-Editor could indicate, if an anchor is not available due to
align. Actually more dependencies in other properties may exist.
I would recommend making that a feature request on the bug tracker. So
it will not be forgotten. (there is a wiki page for ideas too, but I
don't remember it's location)

2) Adding (not necessarily replacing the old info) extra info to the
position hints. That could be valuable too
The position (top=200) may still be valuable, even if a result of
anchors. But certainly in order to use this information, one would need
the full info

Martin