[Lazarus] TSplitter

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 21 23:17:44 CEST 2010

On 21.08.2010 23:40, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> This looks to me like you never *constructed* a GUI, or a similar
> design. Instead you seem to prefer to get whatever seems useful, and
> connect everything later, somehow.

How do you arrive at this conclusion?

If I know I need a form with A B and C and a Close button and I know
already exactly how it should be layed out because I am an exceptionally
versioned UI designer who pays attention to even the smallest detail and
can usually read the end user's mind already in advance during the ealy
planning stages, does it matter If I put A, then B and then C onto the
form in a certain order when I *know* I need them all?

How would you "construct" them? In the end you would add A and B and C
and then connect them as needed. I don't need any special ceremony and
add the controls to the form in a certain order. Instead I only need a
plan. And then I simply implement it.

And I don like it when the form designer (without giving any
explanations) suddenly refuses to let me place the controls to their
only optimal places that have been previously determined by my wise
decisions.

Or was your reply only meant as a joke and my humor detector is broken?