[Lazarus] Mutlithreaded Dll Callback crashes my Application

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 25 15:27:58 CEST 2010

Am 25.08.2010 13:53, schrieb Maik Wojcieszak:
> Alexander,
>
> I found something in the lazarus package for vortex :
>
> { FPC specific thread create function to replace Vortex's thread create.
> This is required because FPC doesn't work when C libraries create their own
> threads}
>
> This may lead us to a solution I guess.
> Some more background about that would be nice. Is this documented
> anywhere ?
>
> Maik

You can read this thread on the fpc-pascal list:
http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-pascal/2010-July/025939.html

Jonas has implemented a possibilty for external C threads to work, but
you need to use a SVN FPC and you need to create at least one thread in
FPC (it can terminate immediatly, it's just needed to initialise the
threading subsystem). (And this fix is *nix only)

Regards,
Sven