[Lazarus] Error: identifier idents no member "SetSpecificCaption" (buttonlist.pas)

Peter E Williams foss.game.pascal.developer at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 31 00:35:36 CEST 2010

Am 30.08.2010 10:05, schrieb Frank Church:
>     Another possibility (preferred by me) is to add your units to a
>     package and to include your package with every project.
>

> I am thinking along this line but I don't know how to go about. I
> usually drag a component onto a project form for the components unit to
> be added to the file I am working on. My units are source units only,
> not components. What is the right way to add a non visual package to a
> project, no components, visual or otherwise, just plain source code? I
> am yet to build a Lazarus package.

A package can contain source only units as well. It does not need to
register a component nor do you need to install it in the IDE (if you
don't want any components visible in the package palette).

Just create a new package, add your units to it and save it (e.g. in the
directory where your source files reside).

Now open a project of yours or create a new one and add your package as
a requirment. Done.

Regards,
Sven