[Lazarus] GUI development for web UI

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Dec 1 15:00:54 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 14:43 +0100, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 12/01/2010 02:16 PM, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> >> My FastCGI process is running as a windows service.
> > What is exactly the reason for this? Isn't it much easier when the
> > webserver starts (and stops, when it is not used) the cgi-application,
> > than doing this in a Windows service?
> As creating process is a time consuming effort in Windows, fast-cgi-ing
> already running processes would offer a lot faster response.

You understood me wrong. These are FastCGI-processes. Only they are
managed by the webserver. You can, for example, specify that the FastCGI
process should be shutdown after 15 minutes idle-time. And then it will
start the process on the first request. It can also decide to run more
instances, when there are a lot of requests..

Joost.