[Lazarus] GTK2 paint event

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 19:05:17 CET 2010

Hello José,

JM>> So for me it looks like the message filter in GTK2 is not being fired
JM>> with external paints.
JM>> Now a second problem with maybe same roots, once the control is
JM>> painted thanks to the Application.ProcessMessages every 100 ms if I
JM>> resize the window the control receives the paint message but the
JM>> painted content is not displayed unless I manually raise some kind of
JM>> form change like a caption change, so now my Paint handler looks like:
JM>> procedure TCustomGecko.Paint;
JM>> begin
JM>>   GeckoWindow.Paint(true); //force paint
JM>>   Self.Parent.Caption:=floattostr(now); //forces a form caption change
JM>> end;
JM> This one is still present.

More information:

1) If I align the control alTop/alBottom I lost the painted
information if I resize horizontally, but not vertically. I recover
the image if resized vertically after horizontally.

2) If I align the control alLeft/alRight I lost the painted
information if I resize vertically, but not horizontally. I recover
the image if resized horizontally after vertically.

3) if I align the control alClient I lost the painted information when
resized in any direction and I can not recover it.

--
Best regards,
 José