[Lazarus] Source Forge copy of lazarus is 0.9.28.0 not 0.9.28.2

Piffle the Cat piffle.the.cat at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 18 12:45:36 CET 2010

Hi Vincent,

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 10:08 +0100, Vincent Snijders wrote:
> 2010/12/17 Piffle the Cat <piffle.the.cat at iinet.net.au>:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Will someone please fix the Source Forge archives so that 0.9.28.0 is
> > deleted! and replaced with 0.9.28.2
> >

> Where did you look for rpms?

It was 32 bits, so I guess the latter one.

> 64 bits: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Linux%20x86_64%20RPM/
> 32 bits: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Linux%20i386%20RPM/
>
> If possible we don't delete old releases. It is against SourceForge policy too.

As a developer of lazarus, don't you find that confusing?

Why is my latest "STABLE" version of lazarus 0.9.29.2 beta for Linux
Mandriva 2010 Spring edition (as updated yesterday it is 0.9.28.2) and
yet everyone seems to use the development version of 0.9.29.2 unstable
from the daily snapshot.

What possible benefits are there is my downloading the unstable version,
which even the site tells me has no guarantees of working or not.

I am a poet and a casual (part-time) programmer. I have been using
Delphi as a part-time hobby ever since Delphi 3 and also used 5 and 7
Enterprise versions.

I have excellent html skills and passable database skills. I consider
myself to have very good ANSI Pascal skills, but not too advanced in
OO-Pascal. E.g. I need to learn the OO methodologies and techniques.

I have completed about 15 or so games in Delphi 5 and 7 ... some of
these were ports from BASIC or C games.

Best Regards,
	PEW