[Lazarus] Source Forge copy of lazarus is 0.9.28.0 not 0.9.28.2

Peter E Williams pewslinuxvault at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 16:58:15 CET 2010

Hi Graeme and All,

see bottom post.

On 19 December 2010 01:02, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 18 December 2010 14:18, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > With the new release of FPC out in the wild I now hope that the
> developers
> > will do a new release (0.9.30) in the near future :)
>
> For all intense purposes, that is only possible once Lazarus 0.9.29
> actually becomes stable - currently it is far from that.

I think that it would benefit everyone IF you could please define HOW and
WHEN is a new trunk of lazarus deemed to be stable?

What is the criteria for whether or not it is stable and a new stable
release will be made?

How far into the future does this look?

Is the process of finding bugs and adding new features iterative and
sometimes can be exponential?

How far down this process does the team proceed before they attempt to
freeze development for a new stable release?

PEW

> --
> Regards,
>   - Graeme -