[Lazarus] Message dialogs in Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 23:51:44 CET 2010

On 21 December 2010 21:16, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:

>> Why should a layout manager ever require ownerdraw?
>
> How can you guarantee any consistent positioning otherwise?

Positioning a component and setting it's bounds (width, height) in
definitely not ownerdrawn.  As for as I know "ownerdrawn" in VCL and
LCL means "component does custom painting". Layout managers have
nothing to do with custom painting. eg: As far as I know Java's AWT
used native widgets and they had/have layout managers. Swing is custom
drawn, and it has layout managers too. wxWidgets also uses native
widgets on each platform, and I believe they have layout managers as
well.

--
Regards,
  - Graeme -