[Lazarus] Lazarus and SPARC Solaris

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Dec 23 09:24:06 CET 2010

Marco van de Voort wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 08:28:28AM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Working on it. What I'm hoping to do is get a basic lazarus compiled,
>> then bigide, then check over the remaining packages. At that point I can
>> raise a categorised report, if we're very lucky everything will work and
>> the solaris package list can be set to the same as BSD (at present the
>> order is different).
>>
>> I'm not confident I can get SVN running on this system- any guidance
>> about recording changes as diffs etc. would be appreciated.
>
> - source unified diffs
> - makefile changes: just explain in words what needs to happen (add pkg X
>   for solaris).
>
> Makefile files are problematic with merging, and I'll choose the way that is
> the easiest to merge (and the result will be the same to the letter)

Will do. Noted your comment about some things possibly being nearer
Linux than BSD, but for the moment I'm focusing on the fact that Solaris
is a BSD derivative and any compatibility with Linux is a comparatively
recent graft. Also I'm using SUNOS in conditionals rather than solaris
on the basis that uname reports a SunOS rather than Solaris version
number (i.e. 5.10 rather than 10 etc.), existing sources appear to be
about evenly split on that.

Happy Christmas and/or Midwinter Solstice everybody.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk