[Lazarus] SVN user

Peter Williams pewilliams2010 at live.com
Wed Dec 29 20:16:18 CET 2010

Hi Henry,

> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 18:42:36 +0000
> From: henry.vermaak at gmail.com
> To: lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] SVN user
>
> 2010/12/29 Peter Williams <pewilliams2010 at live.com>:
> >
> > That's news to me. Thanks. What is "apropos" short for? I guess you're about
> > to tell me to use man apropos. :-) I didn't want to interrupt the flow of
> > writing this message. I will check later.
>
> Apropos is an English word, I'd recommend a dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apropos

According to this page apropos means 'by the way'. It is also listed as obscure.

In my 49 years alive, and living in Australia, speaking English, I have never heard that word.

> > juni at juni ~ $ man agropos
> > No manual entry for agropos
>
> Perhaps because agropos <> apropos?

man apropos

APROPOS(1)                    Manual pager utils                    APROPOS(1)

NAME
       apropos - search the manual page names and descriptions

SYNOPSIS
       apropos  [-dalhvV]  [-e|-w|-r] [-s section] [-m system[,...]] [-M path]
       [-L locale] [-C file] keyword ...

DESCRIPTION
       Each manual page has a short description available within it.   apropos
       searches the descriptions for instances of keyword.

> Henry
>
> --

pew