[Lazarus] SVN user

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 22:55:03 CET 2010

2010/12/29 Peter E Williams <pewslinuxvault at gmail.com>:

> I have not experience with SVN as I am a lone developer.

That's no excuse not to use a revision control system of some sorts.
For a lone developer or working in a distributed environment, I highly
recommend you try Git. No need to setup severs/daemon like the
SubVersion server etc. Simply run 'git init' and you have a repository
to work with.

Git (and other revision control systems) has saved my bacon many
times. It's also awesome for experimentation or prototyping. Save your
current code, implement that fancy new feature... didn't quite work
out as you expected, simply revert the changes and try again.

> This is the step I don't understand.
>
> How do I use the normal diff format for my patch?

For SubVersion:
   svn diff > mypatch.patch
  (you will now have a patch file called mypatch.patch in the current directory)

For Git:
  git format-patch ..master
  (you will now have one or more .patch files in the current directory)

  - Graeme -