[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 4: the dev tool

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:53:02 CET 2010

>> 1. Wiki, it's already available. Maybe we should reconstructure the
>> content so they could be better categorized.
>> 2. Bug tracker, it's already available using Mantis. Maybe we
>> should fix the appearance so its theme could fit the new design.
>> 3. Source code browser, it's already available using SVN and
>> ViewVC. Maybe we should also fix the appearance.
>> 4. Contributed code repo, it's already available through
>> Contributed Units on FPC site. I think we should build a new one
>> for this using fpWeb.
>> 5. Code bounty manager, it's not available, only a page on Wiki. I
>> think we should build a new app for this for more accountable
>> participants. This app could become a way to boost FPC and Lazarus
>> development.
>> 6. Online forum, it's already available using SMF. I think we
>> should build a new one for this using fpWeb in the future.
>> 7. Website CMS, it's not available. But we can use available CMS
>> engine i.e. Wordpress, Drupal, or Joomla.
>
> One more thing:
> 8. Account integrator. Since we have many applications for the
> website i.e. wiki, forum, mantis, svn, etc. I think we should make
> one app to synchronized a single account across those apps. So, the
> user would only remember 1 account and use it for all the apps
> provided. But, this requires pretty much work (I had made one), we
> can leave it at the lowest priority.

Another more thing:
9. Dynamic content aggregator. As my proposal of layout and content
structure of the new web site, we need a little app that aggregates
recent content from various sources i.e. forum post, svn commit,
screenshot, etc. and randomly embeds some of them into a page.

Would someone help us here writing the required apps above? Please,
for the better website of FPC and Lazarus. TIA.

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing
...writing stories at http://beeography.wordpress.com