[Lazarus] fpspreadsheet and build errors

Roberto Padovani padovani.r at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:13:36 CET 2010

Paul van Helden schrieb:

> Is it just me or are there others that would agree that using real life
> animal pictures are just plain cheezy?

+1

> I vote for simply using the "paw"
> (/images/splash_source/paw.png). It is a beautiful piece of artwork.

This image may conflict with Jack Wolfskin, who sues everbody using
paws. At least it may cause trouble as soon as we want to create a
T-shirt with paw(s) on it.

> A related topic that's been bothering me: can we please discuss a name
> change for Lazarus as well? It's not like a name change will hurt the
> project at this stage, methinks...

IMO the RemObjects "Hydra" is both ancient Greek (as is Delphi), and
also could have been used to express the multi-platform aspect of
FPC/Lazarus. Unfortunately now it's reserved for other software.

Odysseus/Ulysses were another decent Greek hero, travelling through the
whole world (of platforms).

DoDi