[Lazarus] GTK2 EraseBackgound

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 23:49:19 CET 2010

On 5 February 2010 18:33, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:

> It's because ws paints such control (same like under qt), you
> can paint on it whatever, but at the end your changes won't be
> visible since ws theme painter do the job.

OK, I understand the problem now. So background/theme painting is out
of LCL's control - another negative point for wrapping external/native
toolkits I guess.

> find the way how to cheat qt (so maybe there's similar way with gtk2), and
> have own paintings, but LCL doesn't provide eg. OwnerDraw property for

I can only imagine such "hacks" will inevitably fail somewhere down
the line - or is simply not supported by all widgetsets. Is it just my
imagination, or is there more and more feature being added to LCL
which only works on specific widgetsets (Restricted tab of Object
Inspector). This is really not good news for LCL. :-(

  - Graeme -