[Lazarus] GTK2 EraseBackgound

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 09:21:20 CET 2010

On 6 February 2010 04:28, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> But now Lazarus uses and requires Qt 4.5+ which is LGPL, the same
> license as Gtk, which means in short: no problems

What does that mean? Can you now use Qt 4.5+ in commercial software
without buying a Qt License?  Why then do they still sell licenses?
What must you be doing before you require a Qt License?

Note: I'm referring to writing commercial software, not free /
open-source software. I already know you can use Qt with open-source
software (KDE, Lazarus etc.).

  - Graeme -